This hearty grilled corn and black bean salad with orange blossom honey and cumin dressing is chock-full of nutrition and flavor. So delicious. So healthy. So easy. Take it on a picnic or any fall adventure. Nature is calling. BEE sure to enjoy it!
Orange Blossom Honey Cumin Dressing
2 Tablespoons of Orange Blossom Honey
½ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
1 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
½ Cup Canola Oil
- Add orange blossom honey, apple cider vinegar, fresh squeezed lime juice, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper to the blender and turn on the low setting.
- Add the canola oil in a slow steady stream to create an emulsification this is especially important to go slow if not the dressing may separate. As you add the oil check for desired consistency. Taste the dressing for seasoning and adjust if needed.
Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad
6 Ears of Corn
2 Cans of Black Beans Drained and Rinsed Clean
1 Red Onion Diced Small
1 Bunch Cilantro Chopped
1 Jicama Peeled and Diced about the same size of the black beans
6 plum tomatoes seeds out and discarded and flesh of the tomato diced
1 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
1 Teaspoon of Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Take the corn out of the husk and clean. Brush the corn with a little olive oil then grill the corn until charred all around. Chill the corn when cool cut off the Cobb then add to large bowl
- Add the rinsed black beans, diced red onions, chopped cilantro, jicama and the tomatoes to the corn and mix well.
- Add the Honey Cumin dressing and toss to coat
- Cooking Tip: Keep an empty bowl next to the cutting board to discard the peelings instead of going back and forth to discard them in the trash.