In Savannah GA, the weather is really starting to heat up. Most of us around here are always looking for new ways to cool down. Savannah Bee Orange Blossom Honey FroYo Bites are the perfect way to stay cool and healthy this summer. This frosty and delicious treat includes ingredients like almonds, fresh fruit, honey, and Greek yogurt and is the perfect healthy snack any time of day! This great snack is not only healthy but it is also easy to make and can be stored in the freezer for weeks.
Orange Blossom honey was selected for this recipe for its candy-like sweetness. The sweetness of Orange Blossom honey perfectly offsets the subtle sour notes of the plain Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
Ingredients – You will need a 6 cup muffin pan and either silicone or parchment cupcake liners
- 1/4 cup of almonds (crushed)
- 1/4 cup of granola (I used our Orange Blossom honey granola recipe)
- 3 tablespoons of organic virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 9 healthy tablespoons of Savannah Bee Orange Blossom Honey
- 1 & 1/2 cups of fresh chopped peaches and oranges (or your favorite fruit)
- Mix together the crushed almonds, granola, Orange Blossom honey, and the coconut oil in a medium sized bowl.
- Spoon one-sixth of the mixture into each of the six lined cups.
- In the same bowl, mix together the remaining honey and all of the Greek yogurt.
- Spoon one-sixth of the honey yogurt mixture into each lined cup.
- Cover the yogurt and honey mixture in each cup with fresh fruit.
- Drizzle a little additional Orange Blossom honey the top of the fruit as a sweet, finishing touch.
- Place the muffin pan in the freezer and leave in until frozen. This should take about 4 hours.
- Remove the Fro Yo Bites from the freezer and from their individual wrappers and serve.
- To store, simply cover the muffin pan with plastic wrap and return to the freezer.
- As with any honey recipe, it’s fun to experiment with different honey varieties. You might substitute Palmetto honey for its earthy, nutty notes or Lavender honey for its bright fruit and floral flavor.
- Make sure your granola almond mixture is thoroughly combined evenly distributing the oil and honey. This will serve as the “crust”.
- I have also used crushed peanuts in my crust mixture.
- Experiment with different types of fruit. Maybe blueberries or strawberries.
You Might Also Like