Rethink the way you breakfast casserole! Breakfast casseroles are a favorite for holiday mornings with family and hangover parties alike. New Year’s Day is our favorite day to wake up with this easy, filling, Breakfast Casserole Muffin Recipe.
The best part about this recipe is how easy it is to customize. Gluten free? No problem. Dairy free – use goats cheese. Vegetarian? Honeycomb, biscuits, and pollen all day. We made 24 combinations just to see which ones were best. We haven’t finished all of them but there hasn’t been a bad one yet. We will *update as well go. It’s a tough job but someone has to do it.
*Our surprise favorite: Oatmeal, ground turkey, goats cheese, and pollen.
*The Honeycomb and biscuits are absolutely delicious in every way.
*For meaty goodness, our favorite was the Connecuh Sausage, Turkey Sausage, biscuit and cheddar cheese
The main guidelines for a Breakfast Casserole Muffin trifecta are:
- The Base: some kind of bread (biscuits, bread, gluten free bread, or gluten free oatmeal)
- The Goods: browned sausage, turkey sausage, honeycomb, all the cheese and pollen (pollen is an excellent source of protein)
- The Fill: eggs (or vegan egg substitute)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line or grease your favorite muffin tin. You’ll need one egg for every muffin you make. Biscuits can be cut in half.
- If using oatmeal, add salt and honey, then scoop into the muffin tin and pat into place. Bake for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Using bread or gluten free bread, pat bread into bottom 1/3 of muffin tin and bake for 5 – 10 minutes for texture, the bread won’t get mushy when it bakes later.
- Cut biscuits in half or use whole for mega
- Add all kinds of sausages, turkey or chicken sausage, bacon, honeycomb, pollen, honey drizzles, goats cheese, mozzarella cheese, feta, parmesan, thyme, rosemary, fried sage. Bacon and sausage should be precooked.
- Fresh eggs and finely ground salt on top! Use a fork to break the yolks, then give each one a little stir to incorporate ingredients.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.