Summertime is here, there’s no doubt about it. When it gets this hot outside, the last thing I want to do is spend my time in a scorching kitchen. So instead of toiling away this week to create a recipe that requires baking, I decided to take the easy road with a no-bake snack.
Dried apricots make me think of summer and topping them with equally summery ingredients was a no-brainer. I chose goat cheese (my favorite!), mint leaves, and Savannah Bee’s Acacia honey. Since mint has taken over my herb garden, I knew I’d need to find recipes that can keep up with my overzealous supply.
I selected Acacia honey because it has such a light, clean flavor and won’t compete with the apricots’ sugary taste. I also love the way the Acacia honey is nearly invisible when drizzled over the top of these dainty morsels.
Next time you’re hit with the urge to snack, whip up a batch of these bad boys.
What You’ll Need:
- Dried Apricots
- log of plain goat cheese
- Enough mint leaves to top every apricot
- Savannah Bee Acacia Honey
What You Do:
- Arrange apricots on your serving plate of choice.
- Top each dried apricot with a dollop of goat cheese
- Press a clean and dry mint leaf into the goat cheese
- Drizzle with Acacia honey and serve!
- Choose from other Savannah Bee honeys like Tupelo, Wildflower or Orange Blossom until you find the one that fits your fancy!
- Mix and match with other soft cheeses and herbs.
- Try topping crackers with this tasty combination.
Interesting Slang: Because of Acacia honey’s light color and great clarity, it is sometimes referred to as Moon honey or Water honey!
Submitted By: Jess Brannen
Check out Jess’s Baked Brie with Pears, Almonds, and Wildflower Honey
Learn more about Acacia honey!