(sunflower seeds, honey + hot sauce)
makes 2 cups
What you need:
2 cups raw shelled sunflower seeds
3 tablespoons Savannah Bee Company® Sunflower Honey
1 teaspoon Savannah Bee Company® Honey Hot Sauce
1 tablespoon avocado or sunflower oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
What to do:
1. Wash Up!
2. Preheat the oven to 350ºF: Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment, set aside.
3. Warm Honey: Heat honey and optional Honey Hot Sauce in a 1 quart sauce pan on the stove until it begins to bubble, continue to cook for 15-20 seconds after it has started to bubble.
4. Combine Ingredients: Remove honey from heat and add remaining ingredients. Mix well to coat all seeds.
5. Bake Sunflower Seeds: Lay the sunflower seeds out as flat as possible on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it starts to change color to a reddish brown. During that time, move around the sunflower seeds every 5-10 minutes with a wooden spoon.
6. Finish Seeds: Finish seeds and leave out to completely cool before breaking up sunflower seeds into chunks.
To Serve: Keep in an airtight jar up to two weeks, but they won’t last that long! Take a baggy on a long hike for energy, add to salads for a heated crunch, or toss on to ice cream for a kick!
Check out these other Honey Powered Snack Recipes!