The sticky, caramelized sauce on this salmon is the ideal blend of sweetness and umami by combining our orange blossom honey with Japanese flavors of miso and soy sauce. Try it over steamed rice and serve with steamed broccoli or sauteed bok choy to round out the meal.
(the perfect weeknight dinner solution)
What you need:
¼ cup Savannah Bee Company® Orange Blossom Honey, or your favorite Savannah Bee Company® honey
¼ cup white miso paste
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 (1½-pound) salmon filet
Sliced green onion, for garnish
What to do:
1. Wash Up!
2. Make the Marinade: Stir together the honey, miso paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, and ginger in a medium bowl.
3. Marinate the Salmon: Place the salmon in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the salmon, turning to coat. Cover or seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Bake the Salmon: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. Remove the salmon from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Bake the salmon for 10 minutes or until the fish is almost done.
5. Heat the Marinade: Pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute.
6. Broil the Salmon: Increase the oven temperature to broil. Broil the salmon for 1 to 2 minutes or until the top is caramelized and the fish flakes easily with a fork.
To Serve: Drizzle the salmon with additional sauce, if desired, and sprinkle with green onions.