Why heat up the oven when you can cook everything on the grill. This dessert pizza is a perfect ending to any summer bbq.
Grilled Fruit Flatbread Pizza
(honey sweetened dough, mild cheese, fruit + wildflower honey)
What you need:
For the dough:
1 teaspoon Savannah Bee Company® Wildflower Honey
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/4 cups lukewarm water (90-100°F), plus more as needed
3 1/2 cups bread flour
For pizza toppings:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 peaches, halved and pitted
2 cups berries, washed and sliced
2 tablespoons Savannah Bee Company® Wildflower Honey
1 (5.6oz) container Savannah Bee Company® Raw HoneyComb, cut into chunks
1 cup baby arugula
4oz fontina cheese, grated
4oz parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
1. Wash Up!
2. Prepare Pizza Dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add olive oil and water and use the dough hook on low speed to mix until combined, about 1-2 minutes. Increase speed to medium-low and mix for 3-4 minutes. At this point the dough should no longer stick to the sides of the bowl but may still be sticky on the bottom.The dough should not stick to your finger when pressed. If it is still too sticky, add flour one tablespoon at a time (typically you need less than 3 tablespoons.) Continue mixing for 6-7 minutes. Remove dough to a lightly floured surface. Divide in half and shape each half into a ball. Place each ball of dough into its own lightly oiled bowl. Turn the ball to fully coat in oil, plastic wrap and let rise in a warm area for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
3. Prepare Fruits: After dough is done proofing, prepare peaches by brushing the cut sides with olive oil. Set aside.
4. Grill Dough: Heat your grill to 400-500ºF. Roll both halves of dough out into long rectangles and place on a lightly floured cookie sheet (if your sheet pan has sides, turn it upside down and use the bottom for easy transfer.). Transfer the crusts to the grill and close the lid for 4 minutes. Flip the dough using tongs and close the lid to cook another 4-5 minutes until beautifully charred. Pro Tip: If your dough is sticking to the grill it is because it’s not fully cooked. Have patience.
5. Grill Peaches: Add prepared peaches, cut side down, to the grill with the dough if you have room. Grill for 3-5 minutes.
6. Build Pizzas: Lower heat on grill and add cooked pizza doughs. Brush the topside of each dough with honey. Top with cheeses, berries and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Grill for a few minutes to melt the cheeses and warm the berries.
To Serve: Serve warm topped with arugula, grilled peaches and raw honeycomb. Add an extra drizzle of honey for more delicious goodness!
Pro Tip: You can make the dough ahead of time! Cover dough bowls tightly with plastic wrap right after mixing and place in the refrigerator to rise for at least 8 hours, or up to 3 days. Return completely to room temperature (about 2 hours) before stretching and grilling... or start with a store bought dough!