Loaded with spice and sweetened with our Kosher Acacia Honey, these adorably chic individual cakes are perfect to ensure a sweet New Year at your Rosh Hashanah celebration.
Individual Honey Spice Cakes (Lekach)
(honey sweetened cakes)
Makes 9-10 individual Bundt cakes or 1 regular-sized Bundt cake
What you need:
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground allspice
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup avocado oil
1 cup Savannah Bee Company® Acacia Honey
Zest and juice of 1 juicy orange (reserve a little zest for garnish)
½ cup cold coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla paste (can substitute vanilla extract)
Savannah Bee Company® Whipped Honey Original
What to do:
1. Wash Up!
2. Preheat oven to 325º F. Spray an individual Bundt cake “muffin” pan OR standard Bundt cake pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
3. Mix Dry Ingredients: In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and allspice. Set aside.
4. Whisk Wet Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, honey, zest, juice, coffee and vanilla.
5. Finish Batter: Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until thoroughly combined. Do not overmix.
6. Bake Cake: Spoon batter into prepared baking pan, smoothing top. Bake until a tester inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean or internal temperature registers 209º F (about 25 minutes for individual cakes and 1 hour for single cake).
To Serve: Smear whipped honey over fully cooled cakes. Garnish with any leftover orange zest.
Pro Tip: Decorate your Bundt cakes by filling the middle hole with sliced citrus or edible flowers.