With strawberry season in our midst, I’m excited to show off the incredibly versatile qualities of our Winter White honey with my from-scratch strawberry bundt cake. This delectable dessert is made even more irresistible with Savannah Bee Company’s Winter White whipped honey as an icing replacement.
I love adding lemon zest to recipes, and this is no exception. Combined with the strawberries, the lemon zest acts as the perfect balancing act for the decadent honey frosting. With this recipe in your arsenal, you’ll be prepared for every occasion this season!
What you’ll need:
- Nonstick vegetable spray
- All-purpose flour (to dust the pan)
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cup pureed strawberries, strained
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3oz jar of Savannah Bee Company’s Winter White honey
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 325º. Spray large bundt pan and dust lightly with flour.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and pour into pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
- Once cake has been tested for doneness with a wooden toothpick, remove from oven and let cool completely. Plate the cake.
- Drizzle Winter White whipped honey over the top of the cake or use a spatula to frost cake completely.
- Share and enjoy!
- For an easy-to-pour method, let honey sit on top of the stove as the cake bakes. This warms it the perfect amount and makes drizzling a cinch.
- Puree strawberries with an immersion blender, if possible; a food processor or blender work well, too.
- Self-rising flour is absolutely key in this recipe – all-purpose flour will leave your cake flat and dense.
- For even more honey goodness, you can substitute the granulated sugar for 1 cup of honey.
Submitted By: Jess Brannen
Check out Jess’s other recipes at her blog – Hot & Gold!