Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon Savannah Bee Company Sourwood Honey
- 2 lbs. ground chuck or ground round
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, softened in 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, simmered in boiling water 5 minutes, drained and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper
Combine 1/4 cup honey with all other ingredients until evenly mixed. Press into 9 x 5-inch metal loaf pan. Drizzle remaining 1 Tablespoon honey over meatloaf and spread to cover top. Bake uncovered at 400°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into center registers 155 to 160°F. Let rest 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.