Mission of Sustainability
One small hive—that was the humble origin of Savannah Bee Company. Today, the one small hive concept is the very foundation on which our company’s mission and philosophy rests. We believe the noble honeybee is the perfect role model for a successful and sustainable company. Just like the honeybee, we strive to enhance and contribute to the community and environment from which we thrive. This hive mentality flows through every aspect of our company, from the sourcing of our raw materials to our educational outreach initiatives that now extend across the country.
Around the Office
- All office paper is recycled.
- Our office supplies are recycled whenever possible including computers and other hardware, toner and ink cartridges, and plastics.
- All trash created in our kitchen and employee break areas is recycled.
- All surplus inventory is donated to local charities and organizations.
- All Savannah Bee employees are given the opportunity to learn the art of beekeeping.
- Many Savannah Bee employees keep their own beehives in our bee garden on Wilmington Island.
- We offer daily tours and beekeeping instruction at our Wilmington Island bee garden.
- Our Wilmington Island store is home to an indoor observation hive and honey bee education is available to all our customers.
- The Savannah Bee Blog is an incredible resource for all things honeybee.