You may also like
Acacia honey is known for its incredibly light and sweet flavor. A discerning palate will find wonderfully subtle hints of vanilla.
PairingsAcacia Honeycomb pairs nicely with fruit and cheese.
Did You Know?
- Acacia honey is widely produced across Eastern Europe.
- Acacia nectar is collected by honey bees from the blossoms of Robinia pseudoacacia. This tree species is also known as the Black Locust (sometimes known as the American Locust)
- Robinia pseudoacacia is native to the southeastern United States but was introduced into Europe in the 1700's and has been widely cultivated across the continent.
- Black Locust trees have nitrogen-fixing bacteria living inside tiny root nodules. These bacteria allow the tree to grow and thrive in nitrogen-poor soils.
- Acacia honey is very slow to crystallize.
- Acacia honey is prized around the world and is known for its great clarity.
- The flavor of Acacia honey is often described as having subtle hints of vanilla.
I made the mistake of buying the small one. It lasted a few days and now I'm kicking myself for not buying more! Absolutely delicious!
5 out of 5 Stars