Strawberry Rhubarb Pie is a sweet and tangy seasonal favorite. Rhubarb is loved by gardeners, especially since it is one of the first vegetables to ripen every spring. It pairs perfectly with sweet fruits like strawberries and Wildflower Honey to make a delicious perennial pie. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a taste of spring that everyone will love.
- 3 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup Savannah Bee Wildflower Honey
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- Combine rhubarb, strawberries, Wildflower Honey, cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out half of the pastry and line a nine-inch pie plate.
- Pour in filling.
- Roll out pastry for top crust, cut into 1-inch wide strips.
- Brush pastry with butter.
- Gently weave strips over the pie to form lattice; trim and flute the edge.
- Bake on a baking sheet (or foil) at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for 50 minutes.
- Brush with honey and bake another 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.