Ruby beets, creamy goats cheese, fresh sage, and buttery Tupelo Honey make this dish a gorgeous addition to your holiday table. The flavors are perfectly balanced and good for you too - with folate, potassium, and manganese. Make these beets ahead for an easy recipe day of. As always, you're welcome to use your favorite varietal of honey.
(Recipe is per person)
1 Beet cooked and sliced
2 ounces of goats cheese
2 Tablespoons Tupelo Honey
Fresh sage leaf
Salt and pepper
- Place beets in a large pot and cover with 1-2 inches of water and salt generously.
- Bring water to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until fork slides through easily- about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add beets to an ice bath to stop from cooking. Overcooked beets become bitter.
- Peel skins and slice beets.
- Toss in honey, salt, pepper, and sage.
- Top with toasted pecans for an extra crunch.