We know summer is winding down in most parts of the county, but summer is still in full swing here in Savannah, GA. One of our favorite meals to cook is this light, fresh, and buttery fish dish. It is full of flavor and perfect for summer dinning al fresco. We combined our whipped honey with lemon and crushed red pepper flakes to create an amazing balance of sweet and spicy. Enjoy!
Any white fish filet (We like Tilapia)
Crushed Red Pepper flakes
Fresh Ground Pepper
1 Tablespoon of Butter (or Olive Oil but the butter is better)
- Wash and Pat fish filet dry
- Salt and Pepper bottom side (remove skin if it has not already been done)
- Spread Whipped Honey with Lemon (generously) on top
- Sprinkle with fresh dill
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper (how much? Depends on how much spice you like!)
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in frying pan over medium/low heat
- Cook 4-5 minutes each side until fish is flaky and topping creates a crispy blackened layer.
- Pair with your favorite vegetable and starch for a great balanced meal