This is the Ultimate Spicy Bourbon Mango Chutney Burger recipe. Sweet heat, creamy goat's cheese, salty bacon, and fresh basil come together to make the the perfect summer burger.
For the Mango Chutney
Makes: 2 cups
Prep time: 25 min
2 Tablespoons Tupelo Honey
2 Tablespoons Bourbon (or water)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 habanero, finely diced (seeds and stems removed)
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoon brown mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
The other stuff
Large basil leaves – 1 per burger
Thick tomato slices
Burgers cooked to your preference
1. Dice Mangoes – use this video on How to Cut a Mango (This recipe also works well with kumquats or peaches.)
2. Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook onions until translucent.
3. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
4. Add mango, Tupelo Honey, and remaining ingredients to the sauce pan. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, cook uncovered until the liquid reduces to a delicious syrupy glaze
5. Taste for sweetness and add additional honey, if desired.
6. Let cool and store in the fridge up to a week.
Assemble the burgers
On a toasted bun, layer goat's cheese, burger patty cooked to your preference, sliced tomato, bacon, a heaping scoop of Spicy Mango Bourbon Chutney, and top with basil.