On-the-Go Skin Refreshment: Revitalizing and Moisturizing Honey Wipes Have Arrived!
Refreshing wipes come in handy for all sorts of occasions, whether you’re exploring the outdoors, hosting a picnic or simply want to keep in your bag while you’re out and about.
But while many people view wipes as a temporary solution prior to getting to a sink, most don’t consider how a single sheet can help transform skin. Savannah Bee created honey wipes to act as true moisturizing skin care. We harnessed the power of honey and beeswax to create a visibly revitalizing, conditioning and soothing wipe for anywhere on your body, including your face!
Our refreshing facial and body honey wipes are created with velvety-soft sustainable and 100% biodegradable bamboo fibers (think: perfect for even the most sensitive skin types) and are boosted with carefully selected ingredients to effectively refresh and moisturize skin.
When you first use the honey wipes, you’ll be greeted with some invigorating foaming action (that means it’s working!), and it quickly subsides and absorbs seamlessly to infuse all the botanical, bee-given goodness into your skin.
As with all our hive-inspired products, Honey Wipes contain zero petroleum, parabens, SLS or phthalates and are not animal tested.
Now let’s dive deeper into some of the ingredients that make our Honey Wipes the ultimate on-the-go addition to your skincare routine!
Tulepo Honey: The Best Natural Skin Moisturizer
Our Honey Wipes center on the transformative powers of our signature ingredient, honey. But we didn’t use just any honey—these moisturizing wipes are enriched with Tupelo Honey, the gold standard of honey straight from the nectar of Tupelo Trees in the Southeastern swamps. (Fun fact: These trees only bloom for two to four weeks during the spring, so this honey truly is a rarity.)
Honey is a multi-talented potion straight from nature that offers multiple direct benefits to skin:
- Antibacterial: Thanks to its ability to combat blemish-triggering bacteria, honey is a great solution for those with oilier complexions that tend to be more prone to breakouts.
- Nourishing: Honey is chock-full of minerals, vitamins, and natural enzymes, all of which play a part in revitalizing skin so it looks healthy and alive.
- Moisturizing: Honey not only conditions and softens skin, but it also helps prevent the loss of moisture, which is a major cause of dryness and wrinkles.
- Anti-Aging: Thanks to its antioxidant ability to combat free radical damage caused by UV rays and other environmental aggressors, honey is considered an excellent anti-aging ingredient.
- The forever food: Let’s not forget honey is deemed the only food that can truly last forever without going bad, which means it doesn’t need any preservatives to stay stable and effective.
Beeswax: The Natural Skin Protectant that Soothes and Hydrates
Beeswax also plays a skin-friendly role in our Honey Wipes. Beeswax is secreted by honeybees into the interior of the honeycomb, where the wax eventually solidifies into honeycomb and becomes a storage place for the honey. Now here’s where its characteristics begin to translate over to skin healing: Beeswax also helps the hive stay free of infections and other harmful substances.
Here’s how beeswax positively impacts skin:
- Ultra-hydrating: Not only does beeswax form a physical, non-clogging barrier over the skin to help prevent moisture loss, but it is also a humectant that attracts water, which means it helps skin stay plump and balanced.
- Revitalizing: Many people assume beeswax lacks nutrients, but it features a hefty dose of Vitamin A, which is one of the most studied ingredients around for skin renewal and youthful radiance.
- Soothing: Beeswax is great for dry or sensitive skin (it’s also known to be anti-allergenic).
Key Ingredients of Natural Honey Refreshing Wipes
We boosted our honey- and beeswax-infused formula with the following botanicals, which we carefully hand-selected to work synergistically with one another to reveal the softest, healthy-looking complexion.
Olive fruit oil: This staple oil boasts a high amount of age-defying antioxidants, which help slow down the manifestation of the visible signs of aging like wrinkles.
Grape seed oil: Rich with linoleic acid, this luxurious oil is best known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which balance skin and prevent blemishes. It also reinforces cell membranes.
Sesame seed oil: Anti-inflammatory and anti-aging, this oil is also incredibly moisturizing.
Lemon peel oil: This uplifting oil helps boost your skin’s natural glow while brightening overall skin tone.
Orange flower oil: This oil is chock-full of vitamin C to protect and brighten complexion while helping to stimulate collagen production to encourage a youthful resilience.
Jasmine oil: This dreamy floral oil is extremely calming for sensitive skin while helping to renew dehydrated or irritated skin.
Lavender oil: This skin-beautifying oil meshes perfectly with skin not only by defending it from age-expediting damage but helping to knock out blemish-causing bacteria.
Vanilla planifolia fruit oil: Like Lavender, Vanilla oil is credited with helping to protect skin from damage while boosting its antibacterial powers.
Vitamin E: A healing and protective antioxidant, Vitamin E is an excellent complement to many essential oils, as it helps preserve the stability of ingredients.
That’s a lot of information, we know! Since we wanted to create the ultimate wipes ideal for all skin types, we made sure to carefully select the most skin-loving ingredients to unveil soft and glowing skin.
Our honey refreshing wipes can be used for both face and body. Here are some ideas:
- Use to clean and hydrate your face when you’re outdoors, like at the beach or park.
- Use to remove debris from the soles of your feet before heading to bed for cleaner and fresher-for-longer sheets.
- Use to keep your hands clean when in public spaces.
- Use after using the restroom.
A bonafide health and beauty product, Savannah Bee Honey Wipes are our best-kept secret to be kept everywhere. Make sure you take “clean” wherever you go with our latest skin pick-me-up!
Submitted By Guest Blogger Sarah Ban
Sarah Ban is a freelance beauty, health & wellness editor and writer who works with the best brands and publications in the world! In 2009, she fell in love with using manuka honey as a cleanser and hasn’t looked back since. To find out more about Sarah, visit www.sarahban.com