Pomegranate is steeped in rich culture and tradition. In more contemporary context, however, this beautiful, jewel-toned fruit is super healthy and full of antioxidant qualities.
This fresh take on flatbread has such versatile potential. Bright orange peel, sweet dried cranberries, and delicious Wildflower honey from Savannah Bee Company bring life to this age-old dish. Straight from the Okefenokee Swamp in Southeast Georgia, Wildflower honey possesses an earthiness that helps to ground this otherwise sweet salsa.
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp. Savannah Bee Company Wildflower Honey
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. orange peel
- Naan flatbread
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
What You Do:
- Combine pomegranate, cranberries, shallot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Wildflower honey, parsley, orange peel, and salt in a small bowl.
- Bake naan at 450° for 5-10 minutes, or until toasted.
- Cut naan into desired sizes. Spread ricotta over warm flatbread, top with arugula leaves, then spoon pomegranate-honey salsa over the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Try switching it up with different Savannah Bee Company honeys!
- Pocketless pita bread will work in place of naan.
- Substitute mint for parsley for an even fresher taste.
Submitted By: Jess Brannen
You may also enjoy: Walnut, Goat Cheese, and Savannah Honey Crostini