Granola is such a versatile snack, and so easy to make. So why do we insist on buying it at the grocery store? These thoughts occurred to me this week and I decided that rather than paying for small batch boxes of granola, I’d try making it myself.
The result was way easier and faster than I’d expected. I even had most of the ingredients in my cupboard already! I used Savannah Bee’s Orange Blossom Honey for its light citrusy notes, then I layered in sliced almonds, oats, and coconut. As I mixed together the ingredients, I started thinking of the myriad ways to use my granola: as an on-the-go snack in baggies, over yogurt, as cereal with sliced bananas and vanilla almond milk – the possibilities were endless.
How will you use your granola?
What You’ll Need:
- 4 cups old fashioned (or rolled) oats
- 1 cup dried coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup Savannah Bee Company’s Orange Blossom honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
What You Do:
- Mix together the oats, coconut flakes, and almonds in a large bowl.
- Mix together the Orange Blossom honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and salt in a separate, smaller bowl.
- Combine the two mixtures into the larger bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the granola onto a large baking sheet and bake at 300° for about 30 minutes, or until golden in color.
- Eat or store for weeks!
- Add in dried fruits, different nuts, or try a different honey like Wildflower or Tupelo. The sky is the limit; you’ll never get tired of this granola when there are so many variations!
- Add in spices like cinnamon or cardamom for an additional kick.
Submitted By: Jess Brannen