Savannah Bee's own Kenneth Jenkinson is sharing his award-winning granola recipe with us. His granola won first place at The Young Harris College Beekeeping Institute Welsh Honey Show. These homemade granola bars are so much better than any kind you would buy at the store. They're easy to make, healthy and delicious.
4 cups - Quick Cooking Oats
1 cup - Packed Brown Sugar
1 cup - Raw Unsalted Sunflower Seeds
3/4 cup - Melted Butter
1 1/2 cup - Black Sage Honey
1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
2 tbs - Cashew Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Toast oats and sunflower kernels until golden and fragrant
- Mix oats, brown sugar, sunflower kernels and cashew butter in a large bowl
- In another bowl, mix melted butter, honey and vanilla. Add to oat mixture and stir together
- Spread over parchment paper on metal baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Slice granola into even bars
Kenneth Jenkinson: Mead Magistrate and Wilmington Island Store Manager