When grilling weather comes along, I can’t help but get excited – and what better way to usher in the summer than with a delicious and healthy veggie recipe? Today I broke out the grilling supplies and got to work making these yummy Honey Balsamic Grilled Carrots. I used Savannah Bee Company’s Grill Honey in the marinade because it provides a really nice smoky sweet element and caramelizes beautifully.
This recipe is simple and quick, so try them out at your next barbeque!
What you’ll need:
- One bunch of carrots
- 1/2 cup Savannah Bee Company’s Grill Honey
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
What you do:
- Fire up the grill.
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Put carrots in a large baggie and evenly coat with Grill honey and balsamic mixture. Refrigerate and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Grill carrots for 15 minutes on one side. Flip carrots, drizzle with more Grill honey, and grill for another 15 minutes.
- Plate those bad boys and enjoy!
- Try to find rainbow carrots at your local farmer’s market – they’ll look even more incredible.
- Adding fresh herbs to the marinade such as rosemary, oregano, or thyme will bring some depth to this recipe.
- If the weather won’t allow for grilling, try wrapping the carrots in a large sheet of aluminum foil and baking at 400º for 20 minutes.
You might also like:
Submitted By: Jess Brannen