There are at least a million recipes out there for peanut butter and chocolate truffles, most of which call for powdered sugar and butter. So, I figured I would try making a healthier version of these delicious treats. I used whey protein powder and Savannah Bee Company’s Acacia Honey. The vanilla notes of this super light honey complement the rich creaminess of peanut butter perfectly.
These heavenly little nuggets make the perfect pre- or post-workout snack, or mid-morning boost at the office.
The recipe couldn’t be simpler, so give ’em a try!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons Savannah Bee Company’s Acacia honey
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
What You Do:
- Combine peanut butter, vanilla extract, protein powder, and Acacia honey until mixture resembles cookie dough.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls using your palms.
- Place baking sheet into freezer for about 20 minutes to allow dough to firm up.
- Melt dark chocolate chips by microwaving them for 60 seconds, then stir in the coconut oil until smooth and creamy.
- Place peanut butter ball on end of a fork and dip into the melted chocolate.
- Chill the finished truffles in the refrigerator or freezer until chocolate has set.
- Eat up!
- Sprinkle truffles with shredded coconut or crushed nuts for an extra treat.
- Set truffles on a cooling rack right after dipping in chocolate to prevent chocolate from forming a ring on the bottom.
- Experiment with different Savannah Bee Company honeys – may I recommend Tupelo?
Submitted By: Jess Brannen
Check out Jess’s blog Hot&Gold