Cold fall nights are perfect for curling up with a warm bowl of delicious chili. This Black Sage Three Bean Turkey Chili Recipe will keep you warm all week. Our chili recipe is easy to throw together, and you can leave it on the stove or in a crock pot until you’re ready to eat. Chili is the best because you can add exactly what you love and leave out anything you don’t. Vegetarian? Skip the turkey. Like it hot? Make it spicy! Only use your favorite beans and spices- this is real comfort food!
Anytime you cook with tomatoes or tomato paste, honey is perfect to balance the acidity. Instead of throwing sugar on tomatoes, add honey for a more sophisticated flavor. We’re using three ounces of Black Sage Honey in this recipe for a flavorful, earthy Turkey Chili Recipe.
1/4 cup Butter
3 cloves Garlic
1 large sweet Onion
1 large Leek
6 ounces Tomato Paste
14 ounces Diced Tomatoes
3 ounces Black Sage Honey
2 tablespoons Salt
32 ounces Chicken Stock
1 pound Turkey
1 can Garbanzo Beans
1 can Black Beans
1 can Kidney Beans
Chili Powder or Peppers
- Sauté garlic, onion, leek, and celery in butter until soft
- Simmer tomato paste until it’s soft
- Add diced tomatoes and
- Drizzle with Black Sage Honey
- Fill with Chicken Stock
- Stir in ground turkey (can add lean turkey uncooked or cooked)
- Add all the beans
- Salt to taste
- Coming with spices – thyme, chilies, all-spice, bay leaf, or peppers
- Let simmer uncovered for at least one hour. The longer it cooks, the thicker and more delicious it gets.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, sprinkle some cheese or eat as is
Bon Appetite, honey!
Recipe by Queen Bee Kate Dowdle
Check out more of Kate’s great recipes!