What You Will Need
- 2 cups of fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 10 lemons)
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberrys
- 1 cup of Savannah Bee Honey for Tea
- 8 cups of filtered water (about 2 quarts)
Slice the lemons in half and juice. I can usually get a cup of lemon juice from 5 – 6 lemons. If you want to add a special pop to your lemonade, zest one of your lemons before juicing! Blend your fresh blackberrys (along with the lemon zest if desired) in a blender or food processor until smooth. You may want to strain the fruit mixture to remove the seeds. I leave the seeds in the mixture because they are small and berry seeds are known for their high antioxidant levels! Set this mixture aside.
Slowly warm honey in a small pot. We are thinning the honey, not cooking it. Honey will be easy to pour around 110°F (do not overheat honey). Pour warm honey into the fruit mixture and stir until completely mixed. Add your fruit and honey mixture to the lemon juice and water and stir completely. Chill and serve over ice!
- Fruit and honey mixture incorporates best if water and lemon juice are at room temperature.
- I start with 1.5 quarts of water and add water to taste.
- Always re-stir after refrigerating.
- Mix 2 cups blackberry lemonade with 1oz. of good bourbon for an incredibly refreshing adult summer beverage.
- If you need to add additional honey, don’t forget to warm the honey (honey will enter solution faster if warmed).
Submitted By: Brantley Crowder