Makes 6 servings
- 1-1/2 lbs. small red new potatoes
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 Tablespoons Savannah Bee Tupelo honey
- 6 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 Tablespoon dried dill
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and chopped
In large pot, boil whole potatoes in salted water until; tender but firm. Drain and cool. While potatoes are cooling, sauté bacon until crisp in large frying pan. Remove bacon and set aside. Add onion to bacon drippings; cooking until soft, about 3 minutes. Add honey and vinegar to pan; stir to combine and bring to a boil. Blend cornstarch with water; stir into honey mixture. Cook until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Crumble bacon; stir bacon and dill into dressing. Cut cooled potatoes in half, leaving skins on. In large bowl, combine potatoes and watercress. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of The National Honey Board.