Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1/2 cup Savannah Bee Company Grill Honey
- 1 Tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 6 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 1 Tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon red chili dipping sauce
- 6 links mild or hot Italian turkey or pork sausage, about 1-3/4 lbs.
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 green pepper, cored and sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz.) chunk pineapple with juice
- 6 French rolls
In a small container, combine honey, mustard, vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil and red chili sauce. Set aside. Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet. Cook sausage in skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes to brown all sides. Add onion and green pepper and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Set aside 1/4 cup of the honey sauce and add the remaining sauce to the skillet with the red pepper, pineapple and juice. Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Continue cooking about 8 minutes or until sausage is completely cooked. Uncover and cook over high heat 2-3 minutes or until pan juices are thick and syrupy. Serve on rolls with remaining honey sauce.
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.