Makes 4 servings,
- 1/2 red jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded & chopped (1 tsp)
- 1/4 cup Savannah Bee Wildflower honey, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Watercress sprigs, for garnish
In blender, purée jalapeno with 2 Tablespoons honey and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Rub chicken with mixture; cover and refrigerate 1 hour. To prepare Tomato Olivada, in small bowl, mix remaining 2 Tablespoons honey and 1/8 teaspoon salt with tomato, onion, green pepper, olives, vinegar and olive oil. Grill Chicken over medium coals, cooking and turning until skin is browned and crisp and juices run clear. Serve Tomato Olivada alongside chicken and garnish with watercress sprigs.
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.