What you will need!
- 1 Tablespoon – extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 – onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium-sized cloves – garlic, chop finely or use garlic press
- 6 cups (48 oz) – vegetable stock
- 1.5 lb. – sweet potatoes, peel and chop
- 1 medium size – potato (russet or yukon gold), peeled and chopped
- 2.5 teaspoons – sea salt
- 5 Tablespoons – Savannah Bee Acacia honey
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 teaspoons – curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon – ground ginger or 3 teaspoons
- 1/4 cup – chopped fresh cilantro
Heat ertra virgin olive oil (evoo) over medium heat in a stock pot. Add diced onion and sauté until onion begins to clear, 4 to 5 minutes. Add pressed garlic and sauté 2 additional minutes. Add veggie stock, potatoes and sea salt. Cover with lid and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 15-17 minutes. Puree or blend the mixture in small batches (save some unblended for chunky texture), return soup to low heat and add 5 Tablespoons of the Savannah Bee Acacia honey, red bell pepper, curry powder, ground black pepper and ginger. Simmer for 10 minutes, adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve soup hot and drizzled with a little warm honey. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serves 5 or 6.