- 3 large red onions (about 3 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup Savannah Bee Orange Blossom honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika (preferably sweet Hungarian)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
Makes 6 servings
Peel and cut onions in half crosswise. Place cut side down in shallow baking dish just large enough to hold all onions in one layer. Sprinkle with water; cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Turn onions cut side up. Combine remaining ingredients. Spoon half of mixture over onions. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Baste with remaining honey mixture; continue baking 15 minutes or until tender.
Recipe courtesy of The National Honey Board.