Makes 4 servings
- For the chicken breasts
- 4 whole organic chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Touch of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the saikio miso sauce
- 2 cups Savannah Bee Honey for Cheese
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 8 Tablespoons aji amarillo paste
- 3 cups saikio miso paste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- For the honey blue cheese sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 lb. blue cheese
- 1-1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- For the vegetables
- 2-3 cups root vegetables, (fresh baby carrots, potatoes, etc.)
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons pure honey, for glaze
- 2 Tablespoons butter, for glaze
Note: Aji Amarillo paste is a yellow Peruvian chili paste available in Latin supermarkets. You may also use any chili paste of your choice.
1) Chicken Breasts: Marinate the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, chopped garlic and touch of olive oil. Grill them until cooked and golden brown.
2) Saikio miso sauce: In a pot, mix the honey, apple vinegar, aji amarillo paste, saikio miso paste and olive oil until sauce boils. Cool down.
3) Honey blue cheese sauce: Blend the blue cheese, apple vinegar and honey in a blender.
4) Season the root vegetables with salt, pepper and olive oil. Roast them in the oven at 300°F for 20-35 minutes. Glaze with honey and butter. The smaller the vegetables or vegetable pieces, the faster they will cook.
Plating: Top each chicken breast with one tablespoon of honey blue cheese sauce then place on the roasted vegetables. As the final touch, add the saikio miso sauce to the chicken.
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.